Mobile Food Vending

City of Clearwater Governing Body voted and approved to establish regulations regarding mobile food truck vendors that will go in affect January 2021. 

A license will now be required to conduct mobile food vending within the corporate city limits of the City of Clearwater. You can submit your application to the Clerk's office during business hours. A copy of the ordinance and application can be found below.

The application will consist of the following:

  1. Name, date of birth, phone number, copy of state or government issued identification card, and permanent address of the applicant and the business;
  2. The name of the owner and the type, make and registration number of the vehicle(s)/mobile food unit to be used;
  3. Date(s) and time(s) for which the license is desired:
  4. Address (or description) of Location and nature of the business;
  5. Description (with dimensions) or any temporary structures to be erected, constructed, and used by all persons or employees;
  6. A statement as to whether the applicant has ever had a mobile vending license or other similar license, or registration revoked or suspended under the Clearwater Municipal Code or the ordinances of the City of Clearwater or any other city. Such a revocation or suspension may result in the City's refusal to process the requested license;
  7. A statement as to whether all persons or employees has within two (2) years prior to the date of the application been convicted of any felony or misdemeanor of any kind;
  8. A statement that the applicant understands and agrees that the license will not be used or represented in any way as an endorsement of the applicant by the City of Clearwater, Kansas or by any department, officer, or elected or appointed official of the City.
  9. Proof of a valid driver's license within the State of Kansas for operation of the class of vehicle identified in the application for the applicant and any agents or employees of the applicant who will be involved in driving the identified vehicle;
  10. Proof of a current sales tax license from the State of Kansas or proof of exempt status from state sales tax;
  11. Proof of Food Service Permit issued by the State of Kansas;
  12. Proof that the applicant has secured commercial general liability insurance for the mobile vending operation to be maintained for the entire length of the license, written by an insurance carrier licensed to do business in Kansas, with minimum limits of $500,000 combined, single limit for bodily and property damage, each occurrence and $1,000,000 in the general aggregate. Evidence of compliance with these insurance requirements shall be in the form of a certificate of insurance that shall be submitted with the application. Such insurance certificate shall not be cancellable without prior written notice to the City; and
  13. Signatures of applicant, individually and/or by its members and officers, and any agents or employees of the applicant who will be involved in the applied-for mobile food vending certifying that all the information provided in the application is true and correct.

Mobile Food Vending Documents