Chisholm Ridge Fishing Ponds
The Chisholm Ridge Fishing Ponds are located at Ross Ave (103rd St. S.) and Chisholm Trail at the entrance of The Chisholm Ridge Housing Development in Clearwater. The ponds are on the east and west side of Chisholm Trail and feature largemouth bass and channel cat. Fishing is permitted with a valid state fishing license; A City permit is not required. The Chisholm Trail Fishing Ponds are part of the .
Rules and Regulations
- Permits - All persons fishing in the fishing ponds shall first obtain a State Fishing License if required to do so.
- Regulations and Restrictions - All individuals are required to observe the regulations and restrictions on fishing as provided for in the Laws of the State of Kansas, State Fish and Game Commission and all ordinances of the City of Clearwater.
- Unlawful Use of Fishing Ponds- It shall be unlawful for any person to dump or dispose of any kind of live bait, garbage or refuse in the waters of the Chisholm Ridge Fishing Ponds. It shall be unlawful to use trotlines, bank lines, jugs or no more than two (2) fishing lines per state license in the waters of the Chisholm Ridge Fishing Ponds. It shall be unlawful for any person to place, keep or maintain any boat or vessel upon the fishing ponds. It shall be unlawful for any person to wade, bathe, or swim in the fishing ponds.
- The creel limit is two (2) for channel catfish and five (5) for large mouth bass. Largemouth bass less than 18 inches must be released.
- Violation of City ordinances can result in fines, imprisonment or both.