Rules, Regulations, and Restriction
Rules, Regulations and Restrictions
Revised June 8, 2016
Cemetery office hours are: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Wednesday
The Cemetery can be contacted at 316-633-8609
Cemetery visiting hours are as follows:
Walk in gates are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Drive in gates are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
1. The Board of Directors herein reserves the right to make all rules and regulations it deems necessary to provide for the upkeep and welfare of said cemetery herein.
2. THESE RULES WILL BE ENFORCED.
3. ABSOLUTELY NO DRIVING OR PARKING ON THE GRASS AREAS.
4. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT.
5. NO SHEPHERD HOOKS, NO GLASS CONTAINERS, NO BENCHES UNLESS USED AS A HEADSTONE, NO SOLAR LIGHTS, FLOWERS ONLY PUT IN VASES THAT ARE PART OF THE HEADSTONE are allowed.
6. Graves will be dug by Cemetery contractors and supervised by the Sexton or dug by the Sexton.
7. After the opening and closing of a grave, all efforts will be made to encourage the early return to a grass cover.
8. No planting of trees, shrubs, or any perennial flowers will be permitted on any lot in order to facilitate easy and uniform mowing.
9. The Sexton and/or Cemetery Board will not be held responsible for flowers or decorations on the graves. Unused or unnecessary items will be stored at the Clearwater City Building until they can be disposed of at public auction. Said auctions to be held in conjunction with the City at such time as quantity of items stored becomes adequate to hold such a sale. Items not sellable will be declared salvage and disposed of by board action.
10. Any monument company or individual is requested to contact the Cemetery Office before placing corner stones or monuments in or on any cemetery space.
11. If benches are also a monument you must follow the rules for monuments. A bench can hold two ashes in one space or one casket in one space. Call the Cemetery Office before purchasing a monument or bench, to make sure of what is allowed.
12. An individual or organization shall not be allowed to purchase more than five (5) lots at a time or own more than fifteen (15) total.
13. To eliminate the sinking or caving in or around gravesites, burial requires a rigid container of a casket type with a two piece concrete burial box.
14. There will be one (1) body or a maximum of two (2) cremated remains allowed per burial position. If the remains of more than one (1) person are placed in one (1) position, only one (1) stone will be allowed to mark the graves of both, as in husband and wife.
15. No headstones or markers shall be installed on graves until grave spaces are paid in full and the Sexton has flagged out for them.
16. All grave markers must have a concrete base, with a six (6) inch collar, one (1) inch above the ground and three (3) or more inches thick.
17. A grave marker should not be placed over cremated remains.
18. If the grave marker is very large, the base will need to be at least 4” thick.
19. Footstones are to be set flush to the ground, at the end of the burial space.
20. Individual Mausoleums will no longer be allowed unless an existing family member’s marker needs to be matched.
21. ABSOLUTELY NO DRIVING OR PARKING ON THE GRASS AREAS.
22. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT.
23. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY.
24. THESE RULES WILL BE ENFORCED.
The Cemetery can be contacted at 316-633-8609.
The Clearwater Cemetery District includes the Clearwater Cemetery, Harrington Cemetery, Ruby Cemetery and Noel Cemetery.