CDBG-CV3 Small Business Grant 2021
APPLICATIONS DUE AUGUST 27, 2021 BY 1:00 PM
The City of Clearwater was approved for $150,000 in grant funds to assist small businesses who employ persons from low-to-moderate income households. The City of Clearwater is now accepting applications from businesses meeting the following requirements:
- Business must be physically located in the City of Clearwater
- Business must be for profit and have 1-50 employees;
- Company must have been in operation prior to March 1, 2020;
- 51% of employees, including owner, must meet Low-to-moderate income requirements;
- Must submit the application and all required supporting documentation;
- Must disclose if the business has received capital through alternative sources (e.g. Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loan at the time of application submittal.
The City of Clearwater has teamed up with South Central Kansas Economic Development District, Inc. (SCKEDD) to help businesses in the application process. For assistance with the application please contact Elizabeth Lawless, Grant Administrative Assistance with SKEDD at (316) 440-3472 or ELawless@sckedd.org
The program is based on the availability of CDBG-CV3 funds, program guidelines, and submission of all required information. Based on the criteria stated above, applicants may receive a grant of up to:
- $25,000 maximum per job retained for businesses under 5 employees, including owner, for a maximum grant of $30,000 per company.
- $35,000 per job retained for businesses with 6-50 employees, including owner, for a maximum grant of $50,000 per company.
Grant funds are structured as reimbursements for eligible working capital expenses beginning March 1, 2020. Before any funds can be released to businesses, the business must provide proof of payment for eligible expenses once the application process is successfully completed and grant funds are awarded.
- Application: All fields on the application must be completed.
- Note: A DUNS number is required for all businesses that wish to receive grant funds. For more information please visit: https://www.dnb.com/duns-number.html or call (844) 235-9189.
- Employee Certification Form(s): Must be completed for each employee & owner.
- Agreement Regarding Duplication of Benefits
- 2020 Business Tax Return: A copy of your 2020 business tax return must be included with your application.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: AUGUST 27, 2021
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED ONLY IF FUNDING IS AVAILABLE AFTER THE FIRST ROUND OF AWARDS
All complete applications submitted by the deadline above will be reviewed for eligibility. Grant awards for eligible applicants will be determined by the Clearwater City Council.
A program timeline for the CDBG-CV3 process is below but may be subject to change:
07/23/2021 Applications Are Available
08/27/2021 Applications DUE by 1:00PM
08/31/2021 Applications reviewed and eligibility determined
09/14/2021 Council review, determine, and approve grant awards
09/17/2021 Grantees are notified of awards
10/08/2021 Documentation for working capital expenses DUE by 1:00PM
Once all documentation for working capital expenses is received, request for payment of grant funds will be requested from Kansas Department of Commerce (KDOC). It can take up to 30 days or more for grant funds to be issued to the City of Clearwater from KDOC. Once funds are received, the City of Clearwater will issue grant funds to grantees.